Vegetable Shoestring Fries
A quick & easy way to get some veggies into a “fun” meal. Instead of potato I used a mix of sweet potato, parsnip, zucchini & eggplant to make shoestring fries.
My husband is being so good about how many vegetarian meals I’m making, so grilled up some steak, in keeping with my bargain of 2 meat meals a week.
These were so quick to make and tasted great. I’m really off meat at the moment for some reason, nothing with meat sounds or looks apertising. So covering up the steak with fries was good, mind you, the dogs got more of my steak than I did, I was happy with the veggies.
SUITABLE FOR EVERYONE : )
Ingredients (serves 2 as a side)
- small orange sweet potato
- 2 parsnips
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 small eggplant
- 1 teaspoon rosemary leaves
- ground sea salt
- olive oil for frying
- Cut all the veggies into thin strips, keeping the sweet potato & parsnips together and the zucchini & eggplant together. I leave the skins on, but you can remove if you want.
- Heat olive oil in a large fry plan so that the oil is about 2cm deep.
- Add the sweet potato & parsnips first and cook until crisp. Remove and set aside on grease paper.
- Add the zucchini and eggplant and cook until crisp. Add the Rosemary for the last minute, then remove and add to the other veg.
- Season with salt and toss through.